Monday 13 September 2010

A good way to know how to arrange your information is to look at how other similar websites arrange theirs. Below are some restaurant websites that caught my attention for both design and information hierarchy.

1. Barley's Greenville.


I liked this site for a number of reasons. The main one being the way in which the menu was laid out. Although it does not have supporting pictures for each item, the rollover effects are interesting. The colour scheme is also very nice.




2. State Restaurant and Cafe.


This restaurant home page is attractive. The colours are nice and the banner is a great idea because it is update-able. Their "Events" page is worth taking note of because of how all the information is displayed. It is concise and easy to figure out.




3. La Vista.


This website is simple yet very classy. I like how they use a large, fixed background image to complement the text. The sections on this site that I thought we very well done were the Menu and Gallery. The use of thumbnails and lightbox in the gallery is a simple but effective solution.




4. Le 28 Thiers.


I like the art direction for this website. The colour scheme is great and the navigation at the top is interesting. Again the use of big background images is something that I liked.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I have read your blog it is very helpful for me. I want to say thanks to you. I have bookmark your site for future updates. that Thanks for writing such a good article. Good wishes, from GrafWeb.