Sunday 11 July 2010

WD1 Update, Rawr!

Hmmm, well it's that time again for the gathering of user feedback.

I do realise that my priorities are all over the place when it comes to assignments, but meh.

Anyway, blogging a few screenshots for Web Design 1 because I'm stuck on ideas for the look. The coding is still a work in progress but that shall be up once I'm done.

1. First Round:

 
 For this first one, I initially thought to go for a sketchy look. But the problem I faced here was the inconsistency of the pencil strokes and I didn't have enough space because the dimensions were fixed.



2. Second Round:



Ok, dramatic change here. With both design and coding. You can't see it in the screenshot, but it scrolls horizontally. And I decided to go with digitised graphics instead. Menu is fixed at the bottom, centre.



3. Third Attempt:


Ok, not much changed here, just finalised a colour scheme and changed the title banner thing, just some tweaking.



4. Fourth Go, yo.


Graphic enhancement. Menu improved, effects added. (I apologise about the lack of a protoype - It's coming). Background a bit blergh.


5. Current Look:

So this is what it looks like currently. Still feel that there's something missing or there's something that looks odd, but i can't put my finger on it, I guess I've been looking at it for 3 days straight, so that could be it.


Another shot of the current design:


Screenshot of what an actual section looks like. Format is pretty standard. The other pages are pretty similar, just the graphics are different.

I am kinda annoyed/angry/uninspired at the moment. The site is pissing me off...

Anyway, that is all for now.

0 comments: