Sunday 16 May 2010

This is my first Web Design 1 assignment blog for semester 5.

Requirements are as follows:-

  • Screenshot 4 beautiful CSS websites; blog about them
  • Screenshot 4 Photochop/Illustrator tutorials; blog about them
  • Blog about 3 ideas for "How To…" Website design

Photochop/Illustrator Tutorials
This part includes a brief summary about some effects I would like to use in my project. Although the assignment brief only required us to blog about four "interesting" tutorials, I couldn't cut it down to 4, so I'm going to blog about them all. Don't worry, it won't be long, I'm just posting screenshots.

Click on the links to view the full tutorials.

1. How To Design a Sweet Linework & Typography Combo


I would like to use a hand-drawn kind of art direction for my project, so above is a tutorial that teaches you how to digitise your hand-drawn linework in Adobe Illustrator.


2. Turn Any Font Into A Sketch Font

I really like Rype's tutorials at Vectips.com because they are concise and easy to follow. Not only that, his "type tutorials" are generally all editable, which is pretty darn convenient.


3. Create A Realistic Paper Texture

So you don't have to worry about finding a paper texture online, plus this is easier on the filesize, not as heavy-duty.


4. Create A Retro Urban Gig Poster


I like the Retro art direction, that's all I want to say on this.


5. How To Make An Animated Paper Robot

I like robots. I like paper. I liked this tutorial. Yes, I do.


6. Create Bulletin Board With Realistic Shadows

Bulletin boards are useful. I wish I had one, like, a real one. The cork wood is awesomeness, dontcha know! Plus, you can pin things up on it and you don't even have to push the pin in very hard. Easy! Hah! Also, potential direction, this right here.


7. Create Vector Folk Buildings using Tablet/Tracing

I like line art. And I like to use my tablet sometimes. Also, this is a filler description, nothing much to say, really, so just filling up the space.


And there you have it! More to come after the jump (well not really). Etc., etc.

0 comments: