Sunday 25 October 2009

Colour Palettes!

Wah lau! I need to stop over-thinking things when I sample a colour palette. I keep worrying that I am choosing the wrong colour, even though I'm supposed to choose the colours that appeal to me.


Anyway, below are some colour palettes that I think can inspire me when doing my mobile and screen interfaces. I found pictures with the keyword "happy", so don't laugh at the pictures, ok!

~~~

First Palette!




This palette is called "Happy and Strange". I named it after the picture that inspired it.
Image is courtesy of =ThePockyMonster on DeviantArt. This is actually my favourite palette from the three that I will post on here, mainly because I like the colour scheme, it makes me feel floaty. Very interesting. Haha!

~~~

Second Palette!


Again, I have named the palette after the image that inspired it. It's called "Happy Chicken". The last colour is white, I should have put a border round the palette because it doesn't show up on my blog because of the white background. *sad face*

Anyway, yes, image is courtesy of =vaporotem on DeviantArt!

~~~

Third Palette!



Ok. I really like the art piece, but the palette is weird. I guess there were just too many colours in the oil painting, I just chose a little bit of it and sampled colours from that. Not too happy with this one, but I reckon it will look very nice against white.

Palette is called "Happy Street". Image courtesy of =Leonidafremov on DeviantArt. Awesome piece, I think, ^_^

0 comments: