Monday 5 October 2009

The Golden Compass!

I have not been updating this blog very frequently, aye?


I guess it's because we only have one MM subject this semester, but I assure you, next semester, I will update so frequently, you will be so tired of seeing the new entries. Yes, I said "you" but I don't know who I was referring to.

Anyway, yesterday (because it's after midnight), we had our first DDMM class in a week or so. We didn't have classes last week because of the Starlite event. Yes, so class yesterday was good. Was mostly critique sessions.

In other news, I made this pretty compass thing!

I reckon the method in which the alarm clock was made was more systematic. I like systematic. Yes, anyway, I followed the tutorial to the letter, but I wasn't very happy with the way they apply the shadow. They used the"Mesh" tool and added points in the sphere, coloured the points and then resized (squished) it to get the shadow.

It looks pretty good on a white background, but when you try to apply a coloured background to the picture, the whole thing is white and there is a huge white ellipse under the compass. Not cool. But yes, better keep it on a white background if you are following the tutorial to the letter, that is.

And if you find a way around it, please post it in a comment or something!

That is all.

0 comments: